Pages

Thursday, August 04, 2011

A Welcome Return

I am finally back, after a very long break. A lot has happened in the past year, which I hope to eventually put down on this blog. Let's just say that I got distracted. I also wanted to change the look and the format of this blog, which took me awhile to accomplish. Some of my goals for this blog is to share my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ with those who do not yet know Him as their personal Lord and Savior, encourage those who already do know Him, through Scripture and personal testimony, and share my love of crafting with others. I have several friends in church, but there is no one close by that shares my love of crafting, and in particular...making cards. The only thing more fun than making a new card is sharing it with someone else. I love sharing new techniques, stamps, papers and ideas with other ladies, and I love talking about the Word of God. So, that's what I hope to do here.

In light of this, I am hoping to regularily post new Scriptures on my blog, offer short challenges from the Word, and post the occasional card. I also hope to add to the list of my favorite Christian books, which are great reading but are never to take the place of Bible reading.

The Scripture I have posted today is from Roman's 8:1 which states, "there is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus". This verse points to the security of the believer in Jesus Christ. In it is the promise that whoever, in faith, entrusts their sole to the Lord Jesus Christ, will escape judgement (condemnation), in the end times, at the judgment seat of Christ. This is the believer's hope and should bring him/her a sense of peace and security.

0 comments: