Pages

Friday, August 05, 2011

Fun With Friends


This is another card that I made using my "new favorite" paper pad. I say it in quotations, because my favorites change quickly based upon discoveries of new paper. I like this paper pad because of the richness of colors and the earthiness of it. I also like it that most of the papers are textured. That being said the Designer Paper is from the DCWV Green Stack, which I found at JoAnn Fabrics. I scored a great deal, because it was 40% off, and then I had a 20% of the total purchase price coupon. I've gotten so spoiled by those kind of deals that I won't hardly buy anything at full price any more......unless I absolutely can't live without it (we're talking stamping products of course!). Anyways, I paired the DP with a textured, charcoal grey cardstock and accented with a brick red cardstock. I stamped the image on white PTI Cardstock, which is my absolute favorite. I like how heavy the cardstock is and how crisp the images come out. The stamped image is "Daily Grind" by There She Goes Stamps, and I colored it using my PrismaColor pencils. I still am not the greatest at shading, but I am working at it. I am certainly not a natural, and I need to find an art class to help me with this skill.

I gave the card to my neighbor Thely. She is a dear friend and sister in Christ.

0 comments: