Pages

Friday, July 03, 2009

Gorjuss Girls, "Sent With Love"


I tried out my new Gorjuss Girls stamp for this card. Once again, I got to fooling around with the image first and had it colored before I even thought about the card I wanted to make. Sooo, I had to fool around until I found some colors and a card that would compliment the image. My cards actually seem to work out better if I do it the other way around. I do love the image, and she was so fun to color. The card is not my favorite. I like the red & white, but I am not so sure about some of the rest. The one thing that is driving me crazy, which I just noticed but it's too late to fix, is that my layering is a bit crooked. Oh well, better luck next time. (I guess we'll just call it the "homemade touch" lol!).

Anyways, my daughter is in my closet making a card right now, so I will have to make another one later. At this time I do not have a dedicated room for card making, and the only table I have for crafting is the downstairs downing table, which is too far to drag all of my stuff. So, we sit on the bottom of my closet floor (which is somewhat large) and stamp there, but there is only room for one at a time. We''re not doing much the rest of the day. We were supposed to have dinner guests tonite, but my hiatel (sp?) herni acted up pretty bad around midnight, and I am wiped out. I never feel well the day after it acts up. So, we postoned to next week. While I was sitting up in the throes of painful spasms, I did have an opportunity to pray and really contemplate the suffering of Jesus Christ at the cross. In light of that, my discomfort seemed pretty minimal.

Hopefully today, I will be back and fill you in on my new Bible study group I started a couple of weeks ago. Until then, I hope you have a day filled with the blessings of God.

Recipe: Stamps: Gorjuss Girls "Sent With Love". Paper: PTI white, Ruby Red. Ink: Memento Black, Copic Sketch Markers. Accessories: Nestabilities Lavels 4, So Saffron Brads, Fiskars Border Punch, 3/8" Grosgrain ribbon from Jo Ann Fabrics, Nestabilities Ovals, Cuttlebug "Stylized Flowers" embossing folder.

0 comments: