Pages

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

New/Old Cards




I made a couple of new cards the past two days, but it's been too cloudy to photograph them. So, I thought I'd post a couple you might not have seen before. The first one is a birthday card I made for my friend in May. I used one of my favorite Fluffles stamps for this card. I got the idea for the shape from someone's blog on the internet; I just can't remember whose it was. I used my scalloped Nestabilities to create the flower shape. The one thing I would do different is to use the circle Nestabilites for my base. Then I would cut out the flower shape using the scalloped circle Nestabilites. Next, I would paste that on my circle base. By doing it this way, none of the petals would be cut off and the card would sit straight. Next time I make the card, I will do it that way.

Recipe: Stamps: Fluffles & the grasshoppers. Paper: Baja Breeze, PTI White, SU's Parisian Breeze DP . Ink: Basic Black, Sage Shadow, Regal Rose, Copic markers. Accessories: Nestabilites circles & scalloped circles, Pearl embellishments.



This next card is one I made for a good friend of mine. I used one of my new favorite stamps sets by Whipper Snapper Designes. It is the cling mount set called "Sugar n Spice" designed by Shelley Comiskey. http://www.whippersnapperdesigns.com/store/shop/anna-wight-cling-mount-sets/shelly-comiskey-sets/sugar-n-spice.html


I colored the image first, so I was limited in my card color choices. I embossed the yellow with Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug embossing folder, and I used my SU mat & piercing tool set for the paper piercing.


Recipe: Stamps: Sugar n' Spice by Whipper Snapper Designs. Paper: PTI White, Yo Yo Yellow, Taken with Teal. Ink: Memento Black, Copics markers. Accessories: silver brads, 3/8" White grosgrain ribbon, Fiskars Border Punch, Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug embossing folder, Nestabilities circles and scalloped circles.

0 comments: