Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hello

Hi, this is my first post on my very first blog. The only blog I have ever posted on is The Weather Underground Tropical Hurricane blog. I don't have a My Space page, or AIM or anything else of this sort, so this is relatively new to me.


I decided to blog, because I have been surfing all of the other stamper blogs and have enjoyed reading them and looking at the beautiful cards that are posted on them, and I was hoping that by starting my own blog I could meet a bunch of other stampers. So, basically this is a social thing. I hope it works!


As I said on my profile, the most important thing about me is that I am a born-again believer. God graciously reached down in my life in 1989 and saved my soul. My life has not been the same since. I am certainly not the model Christian, but with the help of the Holy Spirit I am becoming more Christ-Like. I married my husband, Matt, on September 2, 1989 and we have been married ever since. He is also a born-again Christian. We have two children: Meghan is 17 and is starting her senior year in High School, and John is 16 and starting his Junior year in H.S. Meghan is a born again believer. God saved her soul about 2 years ago, and the change in her life has been tremendous. John, however, is not saved. While he does not completly reject the gospel, neither does he accept it. Matt & I continually lift him up in our prayers for his salvation.


We are pretty active in church, with Matt teaching a Bible study on Wednesday night & Wednesday morning before work, and me teaching the women's Bible study. I have been teaching for a little over 4 years, and I love the Ladies. We start up again in two weeks and will be going through Elizabeth George's Book A Woman's High Calling, which goes through Titus 2.


As far as my hobbies. Stamping is my passion right now. I just started a year ago and I love it. I have a friend that was a demonstrator & she invited me to a card party. I was hooked right away. It is a great way to relax, and I love giving the cards to my Bible study ladies & family members. In addition to stamping, I used to have my own beaded jewelry business, but I closed it down last summer, (But that's another story) I like to cross stitch & crochet. I also am the household handyman (person), because Matt hates doing that kind of stuff, and I like it (in moderation)


Anyways, I hope you like this blog, and I hope you like some of my cards. Some of them I love, others are so-so. I find that I get better as time goes by, but I have a long way to go to even match some of the cards I have seen elsewhere.


Well, gotta go! In the meantime, I hope that God blesses you with joy & peace.


Lisa

0 comments: