Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Seasons of Change


Hi, sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Things have been pretty busy here, since school started back up. Meghan & I went out to Salt Lake City to be tested by a Naturalpath, in Mid August. We were gone for 3 days. The trip was worth it, because some issues with our health turned up, that we were hopefully able to catch early on.


The week after we got back, the Women's Bible study at our church started back up. I have been teaching it for four years now. We have gone through various studies during that time, with my favorites being when we went through the book of James; John Piper's book When I don't desire God: How to fight for Joy; and we went through the life of King David. This year we are going through Elizabeth George's book A Woman's High Calling. It is a book that goes through Titus 2:3-5. We meet every Tuesday morning from 9:30 am to 11:30 am, and our class generally averages about 11 ladies. Most of the ladies have been coming for at least 2 years, so we have developed into a close family. With the starting up of school and teaching Bible study, my time for making cards has been cut back quite a bit. I clean a house on Thursdays and spend a good portion of my time on the weekends studying for the Bible Study.


In the middle of all of that, my daughter Meghan turned 18. That was exciting, but it was also awful. I can't believe my baby has grown up; it just blows me away. Part of me wishes I could turn back the clock to when she was little and do it all over again. She is very precious to both Matt & I, and has become even more precious since she gave her life to Jesus Christ. The change in her since then brings us tremendous joy.


On top of all of that, our son John turns 17 next month. My advice to everyone with small children is, cherish every moment that you have with them.


Shown up above is the Birthday card that I made for Meghan. I can't remember if the stamp is by Hero Arts or Inkadinkado. The cardstock colors are Basic Black, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, And Old Olive.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

Cute card!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

OH I wish our babies would never grow up, but it is a joy to watch them do so!