Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

After the Storm


It's Sunday afternoon and we finally have more than 1 hr. of sun. It was dry enough for my daughter and I to mow & trim the lawn after church this morning, so we took advantage of it and got it done. It is so humid though that after 1/2 hour I was soaked with sweat and flushed in the face. I took advantage of the downtime this week and caught up on my card making. With Ladies' Bible Study starting soon, I wanted to stockpile some cards for birthdays and such. Pictured above is one of the cards I made. I still am having problems taking good pictures of them, so the colors aren't near as nice as they are in person.


I used one of my Fluffles stamps for this card. I get all of my Fluffles stamps from Simon Says Stamps. I shop for them on ebay, but you can also purchase them through their website. Their shipping rates are reasonable, and they get them out fairly quickly. I used a textured navy base that I got from JoAnn Fabrics. I then layered it with Whisper White, Banana Yellow, and I print I got from Michaels. I used my nesting flower dies from cuttlebug to create the flowers, and I used my scallop punch from Martha Stewart. On another version of this card, I embossed the yellow with my Swiss Dots folder. It looks much better that way; however, I don't have a decent picture of it yet.


Meghan and I take off for Utah tomorrow. We are going to see a holistic/naturalist for a check up. I have been seeing her for 10 years. I prefer to go the natural route for our health needs, and the Lord has allowed her to achieve great results. Unfortunately, it is expensive as we have to fly to Salt Lake and stay in a hotel. We will get back on Wednesday, and I'll let you know how it went.


Take Care!


Lisa

0 comments: