Pages

Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day 2009




Hi everyone, I hope you have had a wonderful, blessed Labor Day! Ours was relaxing. We didn't do much. I ran a couple of errands, got my oil changed and the tires rotated on the VW, packed up Meghan's Birthday box, and photographed a couple of cards. Oh, and I did lots of other things in between. Tomorrow things really get into full swing, because it is the day that our Ladies' Bible Study starts back up. I have decided to go through the book The Words and Works of Jesus Christ by J. Dwight Pentecost. In this book, Mr. Pentecost has taken the four gospels together and examined the life of Christ, from birth to death. I initially just wanted to go through a gospel with the class, but then I realized how overwhelming of a task it would be to go through line by line & verse by verse, not to mention some of the theology is very daunting, and I am no theologian. I prayed quite a bit about it, and that is when the Lord brought this study to my mind. Matt & I went through this in our Wyoming church many years ago. It will be a very good study, if the ladies commit to reading the book and looking up the referenced verses. So, anyways that starts tomorrow. Tomorrow's class will be relatively short, because I do not have a lesson prepared. I will be introducing the books and passing them out; giving the class requirements; taking the ladies' names, numbers, emails, etc., taking prayer requests and praying. Then, the following week I will go through the introductory chapter with them. We will see what the Lord will do this year. I will keep you posted as we go.


In the meantime, I have a couple of cards to post. This first one is a card I made for my mother's birthday. Unfortunately, I mailed it to her late. It took me a bit to get it finished, and then I was having problems getting it photographed, because we kept having cloudy days. Finally, I got it photographed this morning. I used the Sugar and Spice stamp set by Whipper Snapper Designs, and I colored it with my copic markers.

Recipe: Stamps: Sugar n' Spice by Whipper Snapper Designs. Paper: SU's Bella Birds DP, Pti White, Bordering Blue, Barely Banana . Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Basic Grey. Accessories: Nestabilities Labels two, Dimensionals, Martha Stewart Border punch, Faux pearls, 5/8" satin whie ribbon.

I made this second card for my daughter Meghan's 19th Birthday. Again, I used the Sugar 'n Spice stamp by Whipper Snapper Designs, and I colored the image with my copic markers.


Recipe: Stamps: Sugar n' Spice by Whipper Snapper Designs . Paper: Pirouhette pink. PTI White, Elegant Eggplant, SU's Tea Party DP . Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Memento Black, Copic Markers. Accessories: Nestabilities Labels 2, dimensionals, nestabilites ovals, faux pearls, olive/sage ribbon.

0 comments: