Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

"Walk in Him"


Hi, I am taking a break from housecleaning to make this post. The Lord has blessed me today with the ability to get many things done. I actually made everyone pancakes this morning, before they went to school. After 19 years of marriage, I am finally making breadfast about 4 days a week, relying on cereal. After everyone left, I cleaned up the kitchen, started the laundry, & sat down to pray and read. I read in James 1, where it talks about having joy in the midst of trials and praying for wisdom to walk through the trials victoriously. I also read in Psalms & then had a good time in prayer. Afterwards, I dusted upstairs & picked up the kids' "clean" rooms. They are required to make their beds & pick up their rooms before they go to school, but their idea of clean & mine don't always match. Next, I made the bed in the spare bedroom & cleaned the corresponding bathroom (my mom is coming tomorrow to stay for about a week). I took a break from that to photograph the two cards I made this weekend, of which I am posting one right now. Then I went back to my housework. I decided to take a break from that to post this update & card.

I had the idea for this card Saturday night, but I didn't have the paper. So, Sunday after church I went to Michaels & got the paper & ribbon. Unfortunately, Michaels & JoAnn Fabrics is the best we have here. I so wish we had a Hobby Lobby. I was unable to photograph the card very well, but that is the story of my life. It is one of the many ways God tries to keep me humble. I say try, because I am afraid I still have a long way to go. Anyways, I love the verse from Colossians 2 that is pictured on the card. The recipe for the card is below.

Cardstock: Christmas Red & Tan cardstock (from Michaels). Ink: Basic Black, Really Red, Versa Mark, Clearly Cocoa, Summer Sun. Accessories: Always Artichoke Brads, Antique Brads, Nestabilities, Red & Tan Grosgrain Ribbon, Martha Stewart Scallop Punch. Stamps: Inkadinkado Bird, Clear Dollar Stamps Bible Verses, Refuge & Strength.

0 comments: